Did you know?It takes 42 inches of rain per year to keep a lawn green and lush. San Diego gets about 10 inches of rain per year.
Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/28485109.rss) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/mgaylerc/public_html/sdfnl/twitter_feed.php on line 5
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/28485109.rss" in /home/mgaylerc/public_html/sdfnl/twitter_feed.php on line 5
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mgaylerc/public_html/sdfnl/twitter_feed.php on line 22
Follow us on twitter
San Diego 1 in 10 Coalition
Below are some basics which will remain here, but the best way to get current info and be involved is visit SDFoodPolicy.org and join the email list as well.
Vision: One in Ten households will grow or purchase food within 100 miles of San Diego.
Mission: "1 in 10" promotes policies leading to local food production and long term food shed sustainability in San Diego through advocacy, education, and organizing.
To this end, we propose that the following ten policies be amended or adopted:
1. Community Garden Permit Process -- City of SD policy updated in July 2011!
2. Prioritizing Water for Food Production
3. Backyard Growers at Farmers Market
4. Graywater Systems/Reclamation Systems
5. Green Carts
6. Home and Community Composting
7. City Chicken Permitting
8. Urban Beekeeping
9. Food stamp benefits (EBT) acceptance at farmers' markets
10. Food Waste Composting & Green Waste Recycling Program